Southern Living Blue Cheese Bacon Dip
I wouldn't say it's healthy or vegetarian, but this dip is pretty good. The recipe (with my notes):
7 bacon slices
- 2 garlic cloves (I used three)
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (I used fat free)
- 1/3 cup half-and-half (next time I would use milk)
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (used about 3 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (I sprinkled on dried because it wasn't farmer's market week)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted (I didn't use)
- Serve with grape clusters /celery / Flatbread or assorted crackers (I used new Wheat Thin Flatbreads)
- Cook chopped bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon, pat with paper towels, set aside. Strain fat from skillet, add minced garlicand sauté 1 minute.
- (Be careful not to overcook).
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add half-and-half, beating until combined. Stir in bacon, garlic, blue cheese, and chives. Spoon mixture into large baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 15-30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle evenly with chopped walnuts, and serve with grape clusters and flatbread or assorted crackers. (Mine didn't get bubbly or golden. Original recipe calls for several small dishes to bake dip in.)
See the recipe here.